“Talk to any salesperson and they’ll tell you that personal experience and relationship-building are core aspects of their job. Not to mention gut feelings, especially when it comes to assessing new leads or choosing which accounts to focus their attention.
That’s why many sales teams bristle at the idea of ‘value-driven decision-making’. It’s almost anathema to the ways our sales team have operated. The pushback is fierce and often decisive – they just won’t change what they’re doing because of what a spreadsheet tells them.”
Based in Indore, the successful applicant will contribute to the growth of the Merger & Acquisition portfolio throughout all phases of the sales cycle (the first contact with clients, pitching, follow up, and servicing existing investors of ongoing projects). The main client base will be Corporate Firms, High Networth Individuals based across the globe.
The role will require the candidate to develop an extensive knowledge of AMWORLD IB’s alternative investment products and to understand the market positioning of AMWORLD IB and its main competitors.
Summary of responsibilities
- Further, build and contribute to new clients to the GLOBAL Distribution sales strategy
- Identify, map and actively prospect with new targeted investors
- Maintain existing relationships and build strong contacts
- Ensure detailed feedback and reporting to all internal stakeholders
- Provide clients with information and responses on AMWORLD IB’s range of alternative investment funds (e.g. performance, structure, attribution, etc). In performing these tasks you will work closely with the various internal teams based across Europe and Hong Kong
- Represent the organization with attendance at events, working closely and in coordination with AMWORLD IB and Communication teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of Financial Markets and various Investment Strategies (e.g. different hedge funds strategies)
- Excellent grasp of English grammar and able to demonstrate good written skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to network and present effectively
- Highly motivated, energetic and driven
- Ability to work with short deadlines* Team orientated
- Client-centric Work Experience Relevant investment management experience, working with UHNI investors, particularly private banks, asset managers, and wealth managers.
The minimum requirement for an investment banker is a bachelor’s degree with MBA in Sales / Finance & Marketing from renowned institutes.
Skill Set :
- Candidates must be from IB or Banking sector having superior math skills and must have knowledge of at least one of following:- Debt Syndication / Pvt. Equity / M & A / External Commercial Borrowings / FDI / Venture capital / Strategic Investments / HNI & UHNI Network & Interaction etc.
- Candidates must also be extremely detail oriented and self-motivated. This position generally requires employees to work and travel independently. Candidates must be self-starters, self-disciplined and extremely open-minded as they will regularly be interacting with people from a variety of different cultures.
- Expertise in MS Office and Powerpoint presentation is required.
A typical day at the office:
- Thorough research of market conditions and developments
- Identify new business opportunities for M&A portfolio
- Carrying out financial modeling, then developing and presenting appropriate financial solutions to clients
- Liaising with the chief executives and chief financial officers of large organizations
- Coordinating teams of CEO’s, including accountants, lawyers and PR consultants and working closely with them.